Thursday, June 16, 2011

Why No Love For DC?


So the other day a buddy of mine asked "Why no love for DC? You post a lot of $h!t about Marvel and Dark Horse, so what the F*#& dude." (Yes this is the direct quote.)

To be completely honest here, I admit it, I really don't care for 95% of DC's characters.

If you look at my collection of DC comics, they are either outright Batman issues or issues that guest star the caped crusader. I also have about a fourth of the 52 Countdown series and not much else.


The only other thing with a DC tag that I can say I kinda enjoyed was the TV show "Smallville" which didn't get my interest until season 7.

"But with DC rebooting most of their lines it'll get you to like them better than Marvel right?"

Ummmm...sorry, no.

Great DC is going to reboot, big deal, they're rebooting characters that I don't like, which means I have to put up with them being advertised more than I care for. And besides this reboot may turn out to bite them in the butt, only time will tell though.

I do still have hope for DC though, but that's only because I know Jim Lee is now a Co-Publisher and I enjoy his work.

For the record I don't only like Marvel comics; I also greatly enjoy Dark Horse, Vertigo, Image, and many small Japanese companies (whom seem to produce some of the best stuff).

Of course this is all about personal preference; I like Marvel over DC, my buddy was the opposite, and those that take the time to read this post will have their own opinions, and that's ok.


But for curiosity's sake, which company does produce your favorite comics?

-GJ




No comments: