Friday, June 10, 2011

X-Men First Class (Movie Review)

Okay I hate to admit this, but I actually liked X-Men First Class. I know shocker.

First I was sure I should just skip this movie; I mean Stan Lee didn't make a cameo so that's like gotta be a bad omen or something, right?

Well I sucked it up, saw it, and am glad that I did.

For an everyday movie it was fantastic. A good story, quality characters, and a fairly good amount of action, what more could the every day movie goer want?

Now for those of us that are X-Men fans, or comic book fans just in general, you must first go into this movie thinking of it like a new comic series, forget about the other four X-Men movies, this one has nothing to do with that storyline.

Yes we do get glimpses of a few of the younger versions of those characters, and even a cameo from a fan favorite, but alas this is a separate storyline.

First Class gives a very good back story to each character, and provides an opportunity to see Charles Xavier / Professor X and Erik Lehnserr / Magneto as friends and partners working towards a common cause.


An awesome cast was also selected to bring our favorite characters to life. James McAvoy (Xavier), Michael Fassbender (Lehnserr) and Kevin Bacon (Sebastian Shaw) are fantastic at bringing their characters to life.

First Class contains a good amount of action, and is well paced. Meaning situations don't feel forced or rushed just to get everything in in the run time allotted.



Any true fan will appreciate the time and effort put into this movie. So if you have yet to see X-Men First Class I thoroughly recommend that you do.

For those that have seen X-Men First Class, what did you think?

-GJ




No comments: