Wednesday, May 23, 2012

G.I. Joe: Retaliation DELAYED

Paramount announces that G.I. Joe: Retaliation has been delayed until a non-specific date in 2013.

Reason, because they want to make it 3D. Really, a month away from release and now you decide the movie needs to be in 3D? Does this movie even really need to be in 3D? Our opinion, not so much.

There's a nice piece over on Blastr.com by Marc Bernardin, WTF did Paramount just do to G.I. Joe: Retaliation? And Why?, where he gives two really good reason's for Paramount's late decision in converting to 3D...

  • 1. They fear Marvel's Avengers will wipe the floor with their film; therefore suffering the same fates as Battleship and Dark Shadows.
  • 2. G.I. Joe: Retaliation isn't that good of a film. Paramount needs to take extra time to reshoot scenes and do a better job of promoting their movie.

Sadly we were ready for G.I. Joe: Retaliation, and making us wait just so you can convert it into 3D, something we won't be spending money on in any case, makes us consider passing up on paying theater prices and instead just spend the $1.99 and get it out of RedBox later down the road.

What do you guys think? Does it being in 3D make a difference for you? Or did Paramount just blow a chance at your money altogether?

-GJ

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You know, I've gotten to the point where I completely avoid 3D now. I think for live-action movies, 3D actually detracts from the experience. I'd rather just watch the movie in imax with awesome sound.

And I think that they're totally going to lose the momentum they had with GI Joe Retaliation by next year.

Maurice Mitchell said...

Drat, it's a smart move since Avengers is going to crush everyone till it hits DVD. Too bad though. I was looking forward to this flick. Check Friday for our link list.

Maurice Mitchell said...

FYI I shared this in our links this week. Geek Bits