Monday, October 31, 2011

Vulcan Events Presents: Away Mission - Orlando


This should actually read Vulcan Events Presents: A RIP OFF!

First of all the event managed to have ads handed out the last couple of weeks with the incorrect pricing. The flyer read weekend general admission $20, but upon arrival we learn that that means $20 for Friday, $45 for Saturday, and $35 for Sunday. WTF? The entire event area was no bigger than the ticket area set up for MegaCon, and I only have to pay $25 for that show and have over a hundred more booths to see (plus an artist gallery, anime events, and tons of gaming).

I knew going in that it wasn't going to be a huge showroom; it was being held at the Walt Disney World Hilton Hotel, and not the Orange County Convention Center like all other big shows are.

Personally I would have had a hard time paying these prices even if I was a true Trekkie or Trekker. There may be a possibility that MegaCon has spoiled me, but $45 to attend this show I'm just unwilling to do.

-GJ




No comments: