Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Terrible Night Of Sleep

Just wanted to share my night of sleep or lack there of, and if there are any dream interpreters out there maybe you could shed some light on the whole thing.

To start off with, I went to bed at about 12:14AM; I'd had nothing but water since 7PM and no food whatsoever after 6PM, so it's safe to say the following was not sugar or caffeine induced.

I'm also not sure at this point which parts I dreamt and which I were awake for.

To start I know I was dreaming this first part. I was in my house, it was dark and I was trying to go back into my bedroom, but there was just so much pressure on the door I couldn't get back open. Of course at this point I realize that someone is actually on the other side pushing it back in. I can't tell who the person is, fore all I see is a shadow. I step back three steps and go rushing into the door shoulder first and manage to burst it open.

As the door burst open, so did my eyes. My head filled with air and I felt like it was about to explode. I clutch my ears and know I let out a blood curdling scream as I rolled off of the bed. I remember sitting on the floor, back against the wall, heart pounding on my chest cavity demanding to be released so it could run away.

Everything was hazy, and I my eyes darted around the room looking for the person lurking in the shadows, but there was no one there. I struggled back into bed and immediately fell into another dream. Or another portion of the same dream, I'm not sure if I actually woke up when I burst through the door, or if my dream just shifted perspective.

Next I found myself on stage dancing, not something I would ever do. I remember seeing everyone rushing off stage going out and pulling audience members out of the crowd and on stage. Even my dad was there all excited grabbing a guy and shoving him towards the stage. I remember backing up to the stage where my girlfriend came on with the group for the next performance and she ended up hitting me in the right eye with a cane.

This again woke me. I think. I just know I laid perfectly still, watching the room sway back and forth, feeling like someone was standing over me the whole time. After what felt like 10 minutes I drifted out again.

This portion I don't remember dreaming in, but I know I woke later drenched in sweat, so I got up and turned on the overhead fan. I laid back down and spent sometime just staring again at the ceiling. If it wasn't for the fan still running this morning, I would have thought I dreamt getting up and doing that too.

I drifted off and went dreamless the rest of the night. Or more to the point of I can't remember what if I did or not.

Throughout all of this I did check the clock every time I woke up. And this is another factor of why I can't tell if I was dreaming or not.

Remember I went to bed at 12:14AM. At first incident the clock was 1:19AM. Next time it was 2:38AM. But when I got back in bed after turning on the fan, the clock read 12:36AM. I quickly verified this by grabbing my cell phone, and it too read 12:36AM. WTF?!?!?

I'll I know is at this point I fell asleep and didn't wake again until the 5AM alarm.

So how did yawl's night go?

-GJ

No comments: