Friday, September 16, 2011

Clone Wars Season 4 Expectations

Tonight (9/16/11) on Cartoon Network season four of Star Wars: The Clone Wars premiers.

Now for those that follow me here, or over on Tumblr.com know that I've been very hesitant in regards to the Clone Wars cartoon. For me there were just too many things that I had read or seen from trailers/previews that turned me off. But since joining theForcebook.com I realized that I wanted to be part of all the Clone Wars conversations and felt that I couldn't really be a true critic without having seen the actual show.

So I have managed to catch up on the first three seasons, and though there were still some hit and miss issues (and a serious problem with chronological order, nothing new for Star Wars these days), the show turned out to be pretty good.

Now however I have high expectations for season four and here they are...
  • Episodes must appear in chronological order and advance the timeline! Be more season one and two by moving forward, not like season three and just fill in holes from the previous seasons.
  • A popular character should meet their fate. Of course this won't be Ahsoka or Rex (though I could go with it being either of those two), this should be more along the lines of Cad Bane or Hondo.
  • DELTA SQUAD! This doesn't need an explanation.
  • More episodes without main Jedi appearances. So far some of the best episodes are those that Jedi like Anakin or Kenobi barely even appear in.
  • Pull back on the droid humor. The battle droids need to be more like those in The Phantom Menace, DROIDS!
  • More action and less love would also be nice, but I don't expect this to happen. More likely we can expect more love shown between Anakin and Padma.
  • We Know that Death Watch appears at some point but I hope to see a lot of episodes with their involvement, not just one or two.
  • More bounty hunter action. One can never go wrong with more air time for Boba Fett or Cad Bane. Heck a young Dengar perhaps?
Well there they are, my expectations for season four of Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Now who wants to place money on how many of these will actually happen?



-GJ




No comments: