Friday, December 14, 2007

Wanted: Science Fiction Movies

Here I am posting a list of science fiction movies that I would love to see hit theaters some time in the near future. Some of these are actually in production, and some are just going to be wishful thinking, but none the less, it makes for an interesting list.

Transformers 2 - A sequel to the biggest movie of the summer is a must. I don't care what any of the critics said, this was an awesome movie and deserves to have a sequel. Transformers 2 is tentatively set for release on June 26, 2009.

Serenity 2 - All brown coats know exactly what I'm talking about here. Serenity, based on the short lived but epic Firefly series, is one that should fly back on to the big screen in an all new feature film. Media sources state that this is one that is not likely going to happen anytime soon, but we can all hope for the best.

X-Men 4 - This one should happen, though it more than likely will happen after the X-Men Origins: Wolverine movie, which is scheduled for a May 1, 2009 release. I want to see an X-Men 4 though if too much time passes, they will probably end up replacing most, if not all of the cast from the previous three films, and that will lead to the downfall of this film. If I don't see Gambit in four though, it won't matter how good the plot or cast is, I'm still going to be disappointed anyways.

Spider-man 4 - These movies have been getting better as the series moves forward. There are several concepts that are still available for exploration in this series, and we all look forward to seeing which avenue this next chapter will take. This is another candidate for a 2009 release.

Teen Titans - Okay so I fell in love with the cartoon series running on the Cartoon Network. This has been one of the better concepts for superheros of late and though it was designed as a children's cartoon it could be adapted quite well for adults. There is a more adult themed comic series based on the cartoon, but I hope they keep the characters and concepts from the cartoon, but give it that adult upgrade, for I wasn't all that fond of the few comics focusing on this series. We will all be spending a lot of time at the theaters in 2009, Teen Titans is another set for this particular year.

Batman Beyond - I hate the prequel Batman movies; Begins and Dark Knight (even if it's not out yet). This is another cartoon that hit the concept right and this was even discussed as being an option before they started with Begins. The only reason Begins was done instead of Beyond is because Beyond is set into the future where Gotham has had a classic Sci-Fi city upgrade, which means a lot more money would have had to been spent on graphics and apparently it was not worth the risk if the film was a flop. In my opinion Begins was differently not worth the money.

Gundam - A live action Gundam movie would be an enjoyable one for me. I have seen many of the Gundam series (Mobile Suit Gundam, 08th MS Team, Gundam Wing, Gundam Seed, G-Fighter, and two other series I can't remember the names too) and I can see anyone of these having a new story created for the big screen. Each series has seen different worlds and unique characters and this concept means a film could be entirely independent from the different anime series, so people would be familiar with the concept of Gundams but not expect a film to be true to any particular series. Since this would be based on an anime series the Japanese could do this film and I would still pay theater prices to see it here in the states.

Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy - Title alone says it all. I've read the Timothy Zahn books (which I love), and think every Star Wars fan would love to see these on the big screen. Plus more movies would bring more toys, and I'm a big dork who loves his toys. Oh yea, did I mention STAR WARS!!!!!!

God willing, we at least get half of these movies, though it would be fantastic to get all eight of these films. Here's hoping.

No comments: