Sunday, December 23, 2007

Spaceballs: The Animated Series


Really? Are you serious? Fall of 2007 on G4, no kidding?

So now that it’s past the fall of ’07, where in the world is this series? I personally never saw any of the promos, but they’re out there, just go to YouTube and type in Spaceballs the animated series and they’ll be there.

For those that seen the original Spaceballs movie, you know just as well as I do that we all wanted to see a sequel, but we could’ve all lived with an animated series. Spaceballs was an epic science fiction spoof movie poking fun at mostly Star Wars (force = Schwartz, Darth Vader = Dark Helmet), but was enjoyed by all.

The animated series was even overseen by the great Mel Brooks himself. So you know this series had to be worthwhile, and yet, we wonder about its existence.

Maybe G4 just couldn’t find a spot for it, you know they have all these great shows as it is; Arrested Development, Cops, Cheaters, Ninja Warrior. Okay so I’m being sarcastic, the shows I just listed I wish they would ditch altogether because they really just don’t belong. I understand Star Trek, Cinetech, Cheat, and X-Play, but how many channels do we really need to play Cops on? Don’t get me wrong I enjoy the show once in awhile because people are just dumb, but it already runs on like ten other channels.

So G4, I say get rid of the crap and give us the Spaceballs cartoon. It can’t be any worse then what is currently on your schedule.

No comments: