Listening to a pair of young brothers discuss a variety of comic book characters today made the entire trip well worth the hassle of driving in a downpour and getting soaked walking across the parking lot. And here's just a few tidbits...
- Brother 1: "Deadpool is just really awesome."
- Brother 2: "which one is he?"
- Brother 1: "he's the blind guy"
- Brother 2: "no stupid the blind dude is Devil Dare" (pretty sure he meant Daredevil)
- Brother 1: "oh that's right, then Deadpool is just Wolverine in a red suit"
That discussion was followed by...
- Brother 2: "who the heck is that guy" (looking at a giant poster of Watchmen's Rorschach)
- Brother 1: "you know man that's the guy from that movie we watched a couple of years ago"
- Brother 2: "oh so he's a character from a movie"
- Brother 1: "yep it sucked too"
- Father: "you guys do know it was a graphic novel before a movie"
- Brother 1: "yeah sure dad, they made a comic book for that crap" (rolls eyes)
Kids, you gotta love 'em.
And now for this week's comics!