Monday, November 21, 2011

Garage Sale Score!


This past Saturday (11/19/11) I took the time to hit a few garage sales in my area and managed to stumble upon one location where I hit the jackpot.

Apparently this guy was moving and was selling his entire online business; which just so happened to be comic books, action figures, and lots of various cards.

Unfortunately though, this guy still thought he could get top dollar for some of this stuff, and wouldn't budge on some of his prices at all. The problem here is that most of the action figures were in smashed up packages, and a good number of sports cards were scattered about on the floors being stepped on; no one in their right mind would ever pay top dollar for this.

On the other hand the comic books were all in pristine condition; which means he wanted a lot of money for some of them. He did have a fifty cent bin though, so take a guess at where I scored.

I controlled my spending though and only dropped $4.50 on a single action figure and four comics.

Check them out...







Now like I said I could have dropped a lot more money, but the couple of other figures I wanted were crushed pretty bad and though only $2.50 a piece I couldn't see that on damaged goods.

He also had a binder of Marvel trading cards, but he wanted $20 for it, and only really wanted 5 or 6 of the cards and again just couldn't see myself spending the money.

But I'm still happy with what I got, and he had tons of stuff so there is a pretty good chance that he'll be back at it again this upcoming weekend, and maybe he'll be willing to come down on some of his prices.

Here's hoping.

-GJ

No comments: